Saturday, January 30, 2010

This is Snow Time!

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven…Ecclesiastes 3:1


Here at our house in Oklahoma it is time for snow! We are covered with a layer of ice and a layer of snow. Some places are only ice and some are only snow. We are both. It is soooo beautiful. I love most everything about it. I’m not crazy about the weeks following a snow like this when it all turns to slush and black piles, but I love it right now.

This can be such a great opportunity to spend extra time with your family and to reconnect with family and friends. What are you doing to accomplish this? It can also be a great catch-up time…a time to catch-up on chores, projects, and work. Are you doing that? I would love to hear how you are spending your time indoors. You may give me and others some great ideas for our days ahead!

Here is a brief view of what we have been doing:


We've been eating a little too much. This is part of our problem. It's toffee and it is good. We bought it to support a fundraiser...great idea at the time...not so much when you are snowed in!

Since I ate too much I thought my dog Buddy, should exercise.

Drove out on the roads to take beautiful pictures like this yesterday. Blame my husband--he made me go!

Watched the cardinals out my window and was in AWE of God even more!

Realized I better exercise too with everything that I have eaten! I didn't think you would believe me so my daughter took an action photo--yes, 40 minutes and I was still smiling--kind of.

Other things I have done: I have started a new Bible study, prayed a lot, watched two movies and a series we recorded, cooked soup, muffins and cookies; and eaten some more. However, tonight is Game night and I can't wait! How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Loved the photos. Sounds like a wonderful time. We made snow ice cream with the boys. This was our first time for that. We went sledding. We have done a few crafts and we have played a few games! Our favorites right now are Apples to Apples and Yahtzee!! I am also reading a good book..The Hole in our Gospel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos Lori!! I think the snow and ice is very beautiful too. I enjoy the way it illuminates everything, especially at night. I also love the solemnity a still winter day offers as nature testifies of God's glory. I haven't left the house since Wednesday evening, so my truck is still covered with many layers of ice and then snow. I have listened to Henderson Hills sermons on my computer, watched some movies (I rarely see movies), talked to family on the phone, and have rested. I also took pictures of my dogs playing in the snow, the big icicles on my roof, and the beautiful birds eating the crumbled bread I bought specifically for them. The cardinals and blue jays are especially majestic against the pure white landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hasn't been a typical snow activity weekend for us. We actually ripped out all of our tile so we can put new tile down. Whew! It's been a hard working snow day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cracking up about your Buddy comment! These are my FAVORITE days of all time! I love when you are forced to stay in and enjoy doing things as a family. I love that it gives me lots of time to do the things I need to do, but also lots of things I just want to do! We have played in the snow, made homemade chicken and dumplings, had neighbors over for games and dessert, watched lots of DVR'd shows that we never get to, made breakfast every morning!!!, organized my "junk box", had Kynzee's 3rd birthday party with family and friends, made beans and cornbread, got way ahead on my Keepers study, sent lots of cards, and soooo much more! I have so enjoyed just playing with my kiddos! I have been reminded how lucky I am and how grateful I am that God has blessed me so abundantly! I hope we're out tomorrow again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, Sorry you didn't get your wish...for OCS is havig school! However, I LOVE that you have done so much! Sounds like great fun. Isn't it wonderful that God made us slow down and we can use this time to enjoy people and do things we usually don't take the time to do!

    Let's make sure we continue these things. For we are responsible for our own busyness aren't we?! Thank you so much for sharing. I have loved the comments, emails, responses I have received!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, Gena, and Leigh Ann, I wrote you before I wrote Robyn, but can't figure out why it didn't post. However, know that I read yours too and am so thankful for your responses!

    ReplyDelete