Friday, January 8, 2010

What Belongs in Your Space?



This first picture is the space where our Christmas tree stood. It appears to be a bare corner of the room--empty and in need of some TLC.

The second picture illustrates how different this same space appears once we moved the chair back into its place, added the pillows, and the throw. All of these things make it appear warm and inviting. I want this place to be warm and inviting because I try to begin each day here. This is what I call my ‘sacred place’. This is where I spend most of my morning times with the Lord.

The thought occurred to me on New Year’s Day that I have choices about what I could place there. I could have left it empty, changed it to a different chair (one more fitting for the area), or found a piece of furniture that might have looked better there. However, I wanted my ‘sacred place’ preserved. As I pondered this I realized that we all have those choices about the ‘space’ within each of us. What will we fill our heart, soul, and mind with this year?
• Will we choose to pore over God’s Truths and allow them to invade our very being?
• Will we choose to fill our mind with Scripture and commit it to memory?
• Will we fill our days with ‘activities’ that are eternal or temporal?

Dear friend, Choose today whom you will serve. Choose today what you will do with your time. Choose whether you will spend your time and energy on temporal or eternal things this year. I can’t wait to witness the great things God will do this year and I can’t wait to hear what He will share with me this year as well!
In His Love,
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Lori. I have been cleaning out my pantry and freezer in an effort to be a better steward of our finances this year. Your post was a good reminder that I also need to focus on cleaning things out of my schedule and life that don't honor God, so that I can spend more time and effort on the things that matter for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. I love when the Holy Spirit reminds me of things like this. Thanks for sharing it with me. I know God will bless your seeking heart!

    ReplyDelete