Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello Friends,
This concept of blogging and my thoughts about whether I should or shouldn’t is a reminder to me of some remarks that I have heard in the last few weeks. My daughter looked at my feet recently and said, “Your feet are wrinkly!” I wished I could say that I had been swimming or just come out of the tub, but I had not. Last night my son was explaining the content of one of his college courses and stated, “I’m sure it wasn’t even around when you were here in college—it is all about computers.” Two statements such as this can really make one feel old. The idea of blogging makes me feel old just because it is foreign to me. But, I am giving it a try. You could say I am doing it so my children think I am ‘with it’. Or it could be that for some time I have felt the Lord’s prompting for this to be a good way for me to stay connected to the women that are a part of this ministry. I believe it is the latter, although the other two remarks moved me quicker in this direction!

So, I would love to hear your thoughts. Do you like to read blogs? Could we stay connected this way? What are your thoughts on this subject? I would love for this to be a way for us to connect and for you to hear how God is working in this ministry and my life. If I understand correctly then I will get to hear how He is working in yours as well. So, let’s try something new for this ministry and see how God wants to use it. I am anticipating great things!

In His Love,
Lori Merrill

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I say you should go for it. We could all use some encouragement and wisdom and laughs when it comes to being the best Keeper we can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The women's ministry at our church just started Called to as a Keeper and we are all so excited by what we are learning. I just added you to my blogroll because I love to read blogs and I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouragement! This will be a great way to have a connection with the women in the Bible study. Our team is praying for all the women in the US in the study right now. Encourage your ladies to check out our website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! I attend the same church as "kenziekylanmom" who left a comment above ;-)

    I am really enjoying your study and am especially interested in Little Keepers.

    I also have a blog at http://momof2girlygirlz.blogspot.com

    Thank you for your kind, teaching spirit and I hope you continue to keep up your blog! I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete